General information: Three group classes: beginners, post-beginners, and pre-intermediate.
Tutor: Students nicknamed Stefano as Il Maestro.
Students age: 16+.
Group size: Minimum 3, maximum 10).
Venue: Classes will be delivered at the English Language Centre, 6B Church Street, RG1 2SB, 2nd floor.
Start/End dates: 20th July 2019 – 14th September.
Course fee: £180.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Payment of the course fee will be required in advance. The payment of the course fee must accompany the student’s enrolment form. Italian Services is not responsible for any incurred extra-charges due to transactions made through third parties.
2. Handouts/Printed material will be provided by the tutor free of charge, however the course fees do not include the course book.
3. Italian Services will confirm the course by 10th July 2019.
4. Payments made in advance are non-refundable or transferable towards another course.
5. If for any reason the course is cancelled and Italian Services is not able to offer any alternatives, students will be entitled to a refund. Italian Services reserves the right to change the venue or cancel a course if we do not meet the minimum number of students required.
6. Refunds will be made through the same payment method the students used to make their payment. Italian Services is not responsible for any transaction fees that may apply.
7. Classes suspended by us (Italian Services) will not affect the number of lessons of the 9-week courses.
8. By booking your place on a course you agree to Italian Services’ Terms and Conditions for providing this service.
If you have never taken Italian classes before, we recommend you attend this course.
Suitable for absolute beginners or very basic knowledge of the language grammar and vocabulary. By the end of this course, you will be able to understand and use everyday expressions, basic phrases to greet people, introduce yourself, ask and answer questions about personal details and likes and dislikes:
- Personal information (e.g. nationality, family, occupation);
- Eating and drinking (e.g. ordering food and drinks in cafés and restaurants);
- Shopping and services (e.g. post office, hotel booking, directions, travelling);
- Introduction to the language alphabet (for non-Roman script languages);
- Formal and informal language if appropriate;
- Negative structure;
- Words used to link ideas, e.g. and, but, also;
- How to ask questions;
- The basic rules of pronunciation;
- Simple structures to express like / dislike;
- Present tense / timeframe with frequently used verbs / structures;
- Basic numerical data.
Ideal for those who have taken a beginner course and for those who need to refresh knowledge previously acquired.
By the end of this course, you will be able to understand and communicate using simple sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance. You will learn more complex tenses using the present continuous, the simple past, the present perfect, the near future, and you will be able to:
- describe your city/home, the weather;
- talk about your feelings;
- give opinions;
- talk about relationships;
- talk about your plans;
For those with a good grasp of basic grammar and wishing to put into practise their speaking, writing and reading and comprehension skills.
Students must have completed a post-beginner course or have already a general command of Italian grammar, and a good vocabulary base. By the end of this course, students will achieve a certain level of fluency and spontaneity in the language:
Understand and communicate in familiar situations, using sentences;
- Start to manage most situations related to living and travelling, to describe or express your opinion on topics of personal interest such as experiences, events, hopes and ambitions, and express opinions, reasons, and plans;
- Read and understand information on familiar topics;
- Write simple formal letters and text on familiar matter.